This post is a little different from my usual renovation/beauty/lifestyle posts you’re used to seeing over here. I’ve been blogging for just under 2 year and have kept it quite strictly on the topics above. A few years ago people on Instagram were sharing interesting things about them so I thought to share 15 things you may not have already known about me.
I’ve been posting regularly on instagram for years now, but It took me longer to start sharing on Instagram stories. I wanted to keep my personal life personal. But after realising how much I loved connecting with people through Instagram stories, I realised I wanted start sharing more. So today, I’m sharing 15 things you probably didn’t know about me!
- I am dying to get a dog. I keep chatting to dog owners on our walks and daydreaming what kind of dog I would have but I think we travel too much. Or used to at least, pre-covid.
- I was born and raised in Finland. Most of my family still lives in Finland and I love visiting as often as possible. I’ve also lived in Brussels and NYC before moving to London.
- I grew up on an old farm with my family, and went to a tiny village school. There was 3 people in my class, me and two boys.
- I met my husband, Mr Nordic, on a beach in one of the Caribbean islands. We had a very brief holiday romance as I was there only for 3 days. Somehow we kept things going despite living in different countries for nearly two years before I moved to the UK.
- We had a small wedding of less than 20 people and I loved that it was so relaxed and non-formal.
- I used to do a lot of competitive cross country skiing when I was in primary school. I also won a fair few trophies despite always being very lazy at practising.
- And whilst being on the hobbies, I also took 6 years of piano lessons and was completely hopeless at it. Also didn’t ever practise.
- I have a masters degree in neurobiology and I worked in academic research before swapping that to a job in a pharmaceutical company. I carried working as part-timer after having kids.
- My first science related job was a research assistant in a group that did genetic studies on drosophila melanogaster, aka fruit fly. They were kept in plastic containers, and there were hundreds of them. My duties included making special malt porridge for the flies, and transferring the flies to new containers when they had eaten the porridge in the old ones.
- I gave up my science job a few years ago when logistics of combining family life and work just got overwhelming and started taking pictures of my home to instagram instead…
- I have lived&worked in the UK for over a decade, which means I can apply for dual citizenship. This is one of my 2020 goals to make that happen!
- If you are familiar with Meyers-Briggs, my personality type is INFJ.
- I really dislike having to call to people I don’t know as I have a fear of introducing myself and explaining why I’m calling. Not sure why, but makes me feel so awkward and whenever possible, I get my husband to call places. But if someone calls me first, I’m happy to call back as I feel like the introduction part is already done. So my fear only applies to cold calling 🙂 And I have no problem of introducing myself when meeting people in real life, just on the phone. Go figure.
- I have a massive sweet tooth and my favourite treats are salty liquorice, salted caramel ice cream and any chewy sweets like Haribos. Cinnamon buns & carrot cake are also my favourites, but I’m really not fussed about biscuits!
- I was drinking coffee way before I hit double digits. I still remember when I stopped using sugar in my coffee, at ripe age of 9! Caffeine was clearly not considered that bad where I grew up.
So, these were my 15 things – any surprises?
shop the post: