If you know me, you know I’m not into making a long list of resolutions. I know myself and chances for me sticking into these ‘read more’ or ‘exercise more’ type of resolutions are next to nothing. Having said that, I do see the value in reviewing the past and seeing what I can change to make the future even better and I love setting goals and dream about what’s coming up. Rather than just winging it without much of an aim, I want to really have a compelling vision of how I hope this year will look like and something to hang into to when things don’t go as planned.
I’ve spent a lot of time these past few weeks reflecting what it is I want from life and work. I’ve been running my business for nearly 7 years in a similar concept. I’ve been focusing mainly on working with brands, done some affiliate marketing, mixed with styling and photography gigs and so on and I’ve realised what I really miss is the HUMAN CONNECTION. So rather than just carrying on with what has worked in the past, I’m making a few changes. I want to share more; help people by sharing my processes and systems that allowed me to grow my social media following without having to spend hours and hours on the app daily, and my core values and belief systems. So whether you are just starting out as a content creator or looking to grow bigger and better, join the waitlist below and I keep you posted when my new program (that can help you save time, save effort and get to your goals faster) is live!
This year, my goal setting is also less about hitting numbers and milestones and more about fun and focusing on growing new opportunities. So let’s do this!
My top tips for setting goals:
I am a huge fan of setting goals. I really believe that when you are deliberate with the direction you want to go, you are more likely to change what needs changing! Without a proper plan, we just end up wishing something would happen and often that ends up in a failure. Most of us also tend to go in big – set up goals that are sky high and visualise quick success. Whilst this approach certainly is exciting, it isn’t realistic. What we need is smarter approach to achieve those big dreams. You can get my FREE printable goal setting template here!
These are my 5 best goal setting tips:
- Be realistic. Losing 15kg in one month or starting a degree course when you are a stay-at-home parent for 3 kids under 5 are not realistic goals. There might be someone somewhere who’s done it all, but setting unrealistic goals is not motivating and usually unsuccessful. Have a good look at your current circumstances and break your big goal to a smaller chunks. If you’ve been dreaming of quitting your day job and becoming a content creator or setting an online side hustle, get started and commit to posting a few times a week on your socials. I’ve shared my favourite apps I use to create content for instagram here.
- Assess where you need to focus – you don’t need to tackle all areas of your life at once. Should your main focus go to finances, job, friendships, health, marriage, family, home or something else
- Write your goals down. They need to be exciting, specific and measurable. If they are big, break them smaller to make them more achievable and plan ahead. Some need to be started straight away, whilst others can wait. We always tell our children when they have a big piece of homework that they need to approach it the same way as how you would eat an elephant. One small piece at the time.
- Make a simple action plan. Improving even the smallest thing will make a big difference and small habit changes are much easier to sustain than big ones. After a while they become habits and you can add new things.
- Celebrate achievements. I’ve been rubbish at this in the past and something I want to focus more this year. Acknowledging wins will help you keep going.