I have my first before / after project from the new house to show for you, the dining room. It had yellow walls, green carpet and we also inherited these brown flowery curtains with the house.
My budget for this update was absolutely minimal as this was just a temporary fix before the renovation works starts. I painted the walls with plain white, ripped out the old carpet and reused old pictures. I wanted to make the room look more modern as well as hide the ugly serving hatch.
Once the walls were painted and dry, I just started hammering the pictures in! I started off by hiding the serving hatch with a big canvas, then hid the two big holes that were on the wall. After that I just started started to fill the empty spaces with various prints. I kept the gallery wall mainly black and white because the wall is a big one for the size of the room
And here is the end result, I’m really pleased how it turned out! Only thing I had to buy was the paint and rollers (less than £40), everything else was old so I didn’t need to spend much money at all.